At TCAB, we believe family is more than just a word: It is who we are. Family journeying together, growing together and seeing God move in amazing ways. Colossians 1:9-12 says:
"And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him; bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; being strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light."
On the first weekend of each month (beginning February 5th), we will step into what God has for us as a faith family. As we walk these weekends together, we are believing that God will deepen our lives spiritually, personally and corporately, as we grow to understand what it really means to: ‘Please Him in every way, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God’. These weekends will help resonate the reality that What We Do, We Do Together, no matter your age or stage in life. You are encouraged to be a part!
The weekend at a glance:
* Friday Night: Shabbat (Biblical hospitality, communion, eating a meal together and speaking blessings) - A great reference for understanding on this topic: "Sabbath: A Gift of Time" by Bonnie Saul Wilks.
* Saturday morning: Worship and teaching for all ages, lunch, community outreach, concluded by celebrating through worship and testimony.
* Sunday morning: Serve the Body, worship, testimonies, followed by the preaching of the Word.
LifeWalk will aid to assist us in restoring foundations that build a faith community, growing in the Biblical values the Father is calling us to pursue daily. During these weekends, we will identify five central truths from the teachings of Jesus:
* The Glory of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
* Our identity as Sons and Daughters; Ecclesia (a faithful body and bride in waiting)
* Community; Our Shared Commitment
* Mission, which begins in the heart of God and is compelled by love
* Holy Spirit Power, to live holy lives
As we build on these foundational truths, we will equip ourselves to KNOW, EXPERIENCE, APPLY and GROW in our daily walk with Jesus, so that what might have been optional for us at one time, becomes our daily living experience. These tools will be a guide for each of us to use so that we continue our growth process daily, not just a weekend experience.
We know that this will be a commitment for all of us, however the value of these weekends is tremendous, not only for our faith family, but for the individual family unit! If you'd like to be a part, please sign up at the Welcome Center in the foyer. If you have more questions or would like more information, please click HERE or feel free to speak with one of our staff members on a Sunday morning!